The causes of back pain can vary but often it happens because the spine doesn’t get enough support from surrounding muscles. The core muscles, especially the obliques, are connected to the lower back muscles, and the stronger these muscles are, the more support the spine gets. And by doing these exercises, you’ll hit 2 birds with 1 stone: get a perfectly toned core and reduce back pain!
Here at Viral News City, we’ve prepared some exercises to help you tone your abs and ease back pain at the same time. Do them a couple of times a week and don’t forget to check out the bonus section as well.
Crunches are a very effective, isolated core workout that target the rectus abdominis muscle in the midsection.
- Lie down with your knees bent and feet slightly apart.
- Place your hands behind your head or on your chest.
- Inhale and lift your upper body up — the movement should be slight and slow.
- Pause for a few counts.
- Exhale and lie back to the initial position.
- Don’t pull your head up and perform the movement by engaging the core muscles.
- Repeat 12-15 times.
Note: If your neck gets sore, it means that you’ve been using the neck muscles instead of isolating your abs. Be sure to review your technique.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Nam blandit dictum ante id venenatis. Morbi tristique et neque in viverra. Aenean cursus gravida nulla, sit amet suscipit lectus hendrerit eu. Maecenas sem metus.